DanOil – Danieli Oil Film Bearings
Latest generation of rolling mill equipment thanks to Danieli's expertise in design and manufacturing for metals production.
Back-up rolls of rolling mills are designed to withstand the forces generated by the rolling process, and therefore require bearings capable of carrying very high loads. To ensure that the mill stand is as sturdy and reliable as possible, the bearings also must be sturdy as well as compact: oil-film bearings satisfy this requirement, which is one reason they are a well-proven design in this field.
Oil-film bearings engineered by Danieli are highly advanced and fundamental components of modern rolling mill technology.
Our experience as a rolling mill manufacturer (for flat and long products, steel, aluminium and non-ferrous metals) as well as our many years of teamwork with customers, provide the best foundation supplying DanOil bearings to customers, even for bearings based on non-Danieli drawings, and providing complete assistance from detail engineering to installation through dedicated training courses.
Danieli Service – for whatever brand of oil-film bearings you use (Morgoil, Morgan, Mesta, KLX, X-Roll, etc.) – supplies first-class spare parts that guarantee efficient plant operation, providing custom engineered solutions for all requests.
DanOil bearings are completely interchangeable on the existing types of oil-film bearing available around the world, and can installed to steel, aluminium, and NF flat and long rolling operations.
DanOil spare parts and services, offered to customers worldwide:
- New and repair of hydrodynamic and hydrostatic bushings;
- New and repair of sleeves;
- Sealing systems: seal end-plate, neck seal, seal inner ring, coolant seal;
- Hydraulic locking (HLU) and mechanical locking (T-LOCK) systems;
- Threaded rings and lock nuts;
- New and repair of work-roll and back-up roll chocks;
- Sleeve rings, chock end plates, outer end plates, rocker plates;
- Thrust bearings, spacers and bearing covers;
- Dedicated consignment stock and price list contracts;
- Hydrodynamic and hydrostatic lubrication systems;
- Dedicated training courses;
- Technical assistance, installation and customer service in plant;
- Predictive maintenance programs.
Over 10,000 DanOil bearings (including over 1,000 repairs) have been supplied in the last 20 years to more than 170 customers worldwide.
Read all about it in our DanOil Brochure!