Seamless Pipe Mills and Finishing Lines
Our focus on innovative technology and plant reliability allows to deliver equipment that produces high-end quality products with outstanding investment and operational costs to customers.
Experience in the design of innovative seamless pipe plants and equipment for hot rolling and cold finishing alongside important investments in R&D activities allow to manufacture and supply turnkey equipment globally. Our product portfolio covers complete Seamless Pipe Mill Plants (2 Rolls / 3 Rolls Hot Rolling Mill Lines, Expander Mill Lines) producing tube sizes with ranges up to 28” and a production capacity stretching from 100.000 to 1.000.000 tonnes per year.
In addition to this, Danieli Centro Tube is a leading supplier of Finishing Lines (Heat Treatment, Quality Assurance, Upsetting, Beveling and Threading lines) for both welded and seamless pipe applications in relation with the different market segments.
Also included in our scope of supply are:
- The CRP (Cross Rolling Piercing Mill) - original and innovative design of this equipment allow piercing round billets into a shell. The mill comes equipped with cone-type or barrel-type rolls arranged either in the vertical or horizontal position according to the customers’ requirements;
- The FQM™ (Fine Quality Mill) - at the heart of the seamless pipe production process and is responsible for shaping the wall thickness close to the final target value and elongating the inlet shell. This technology is suitable for a wide range of pipe sizes and steel grades, the process is flexible and appropriate for both high and low production;
- The FQT (Fine Quality Train) is a new process for the production of seamless pipe for finished pipes with diameter from 73 mm up to 460 mm that reduces the number of deformation steps from three to two by removing the reheating furnace and relevant intermediate cooling bed as well as the SM/SRM control pulpit.
This means also a reduction both of the plant layout length and foundation work necessary with the traditional solution.
- The HPE (Hot Pull Elongator) is an innovative rolling machine including a bench with idle roll stands where a pierced hollow bloom is deformed on a mandrel. This process is particularly dedicated to small/medium diameter pipes up to 245 mm, highly reducing the layout and height of building besides also the cost of technological equipment with respect to traditional mandrel mills (floating or retained).
Many other features of these innovative mills contribute to reach state-of-the-art solutions, with simplified production of small lots and increased efficiency in rolling, allowing relevant savings both in CapEx and OpEx.
- The HTM (hydrotester) - allows to perform hydrostatic tests on seamless and welded pipes in complete safety. Equipment design includes high flexibility and versatility. Two different hydrostatic testing machines are available: the four-column type and the two-beam type, depending on the customer’s output these can be equipped with either one or two heads;
- Danieli CM (Carbide Tipped Circular Saws) - designed to cut a wide range of products and steel grades, for example solid bars, profiles, single pipes, tube layers, tube samples and couplings. The CM comes in either a vertical or a horizontal arrangement depending on the specific application and layout.
- Danieli TSM (Tube Straightening Machine) - unique design offering enhanced efficiency, improved quality and superior technology and safety, high quality processed pipes are also ensured. Equipment allows to straighten tubes by both deflection and cross section ovalisation.
All of the above-mentioned equipment can be supplied as part of the seamless pipe mill or as stand-alone equipment.