Hot Rolling Mills
DQ - DIRECT
Compact cooling system to increase cooling rate, save alloy costs and extend steel grades portfolio.
- Compact system (approx. 8 m long), easy to integrate in existing run-out table;
- Application for both strip and plate;
- Higher cooling rates (3 times the cooling rate of conventional laminar flow cooling);
- Reducing the alloy content for same steel grade and strength (e.g. vanadium reduced to half its previous content in HSLA grades);
- Enlargement of size portfolio (less alloy means higher rolling capability for same grade);
- Development of new grades for the plant (API, highest strength);
- Quick, easy and independent extraction of each pinch roll and cooling header;
- Fast Return on Investment.